Towns councils and places may join the Association if having a Phoenician-Punic origin or cultural relationship with this civilization. About 80 cities satisfy these requirements in over 15 countries. The Phoenicians’ Route is a cultural Itinerary of the Mediterranean and also it’s a network of territories, towns and countries that bear even now the signs of the ancient Phoenician presence. The Phoenicians’ Route brand certifies the partnership with the Itinerary. It’s necessary to comply an adhesion requirements check system to obtain the brand. The admission is attributed to the places that satisfy the assessment standards related to the place history, its cultural, landscape, archaeological, natural heritages as well as the possibility to create quality tourism. The cultural heritage development, the environmental conservation, the hospitality education, the access and the resources usability, the quality of the greeting, the hospitality, the catering and the typical products, are only a few of key elements to obtain the Phoenicians’ Route brand. The Association, through these actions, gives to the tourists a quality warrantee, and to the places a development tool of its own territory and its tourist services. Thus, the Association intends to promote a social, cultural and economical growth of the involved towns starting from its natural and cultural heritage, through the compatible tourist development and the correct resources usability. The procedure to obtain the brand may be proposed by local public institutions, towns councils, provinces, chambers of commerce and other administrative bodies.
THE ADMISSION PROCEDURE
The phases of the assessment and admission procedure for the assignment of the Phoenicians’ Route brand are:
1. Location of the town with Phoenician origins by the aid of experts, scientists, political authorities and officials. The Association, after collecting the international archaeological proposals, suggests it to the national and regional authorities of the involved countries. So it’s possible to agree a list of the towns that potentially have the basic requirements.
2. The selected towns and places are contacted by the Association in cooperation with the authorities.
3. The interested towns submit their own candidature is realized to take part of the Phoenicians’ Route. The candidature is realized through an official request signed by the Mayor or by the expert authority, with a dossier that complied the attached scheme.
4. The candidature dossier is evaluated by the Association directorate for the first general markers examination.
5. After this examination, the Directorate assesses the admission application and, if it’s accepted, it will be ratified by the Association assembly. An expert team of the Association can inspect the place. The admission is established by the annual payment, for the Italian towns, and by a contribute for the expert team journey for the other countries.
6. Subsequently a 2-3 experts team, goes to visit the place and to meet the local authorities in order to check the requirements for the candidature dossier.
7. This inspection is subordinate to the annual fee payment for the Italian countries. The other countries have to pay a journey contribution that will be calculated from a minimum of € 2.000,00 to a maximum of € 3.000,00.
8. The Phoenicians’ Route brand will be assigned at the base of the collected dates and the consequent examinations; thereby the town takes part at the international partners network. The brand assignment is temporary and is subordinate to the maintenance of the requirements that will be periodically examined (each 2 years) and to the annual fee payment.
9. The towns and the places that don’t obtain the brand, will receiving useful hints to adapt to attain the brand.
Moreover, public and private bodies, can join the Association through conventions, like field experts, associations, foundations, universities and research centres. It’s necessary to present the apposite instance to join.
For further information contact the Association Secretary:
(+39) 0924 941009